1 leg of semi boned ham (about 3.5kg, remove the rind/skin)
handfull of cloves (enough to stud the whole ham, don’t put too much or else the clove flavour will be overpowering)
1 cup pineapple juice
juice and rind from one orange
1 3/4 cup honey
4 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1) Remove the skin of the ham but keep as much fat on as you can, score the ham (try and make diamond shapes), and stud with the cloves.
2) Place the pineapple juice, orange juice and rind, 3/4 cup honey, sugar, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow this to simmer till it is quite thick, hyou should lose about 50% of the original volume.
3) Brush the studded ham with the one cup of honey and place it in a 165C oven for 10 minutes.
4) Then start brushing the ham with the thickened glaze every 10 minutes. The ham should be done in about 1 1/2 hours. You don’t have to time it to every 10 minutes, once you see the ham is browned at the top, it needs a turn, that is when you baste with the glaze.
5) The final ten minutes of the cooking time, turn up the oven to 200C, pour the last of the glaze on the last portion that needs browning, pop it into the oven till it is browned.
6) Allow the ham to rest for about 15minutes before serving. DONE!